Not all microphones are created equal
Selecting the right kind of microphone to suit how you dictate, where you dictate and what applications you dictate into is can make all the difference when it comes to your speech recognition accuracy.
Microphones should be noise cancelling - preferably with noise isolating features - and designed with speech recognition in mind.
It is also important to consider what your main objective is for speech recognition when selecting your microphone style. For example if you are wanting to dictate directly into and navigate around template or practise management software - you may wish to consider a USB Dictation Microphone such as the Philips SpeechMike Premium which was designed specifically for use with speech recognition.
There are many different styles of microphones that can be used for speech recognition, including; hand held microphones with navigation control (such as SpeechMike Premium), portable dictation recorders - ideal for off-line speech recognition (such as the new Philips SpeechAir) and of course headset microphones for those who require a hands free way of working.
Contact us to speak with one of our speech recognition specialists for advice.
- Test Product (DND)Entry level starter kit. Incl. DPM6000 Recorder & TranscriberAUD$1,000.00
- Nuance PowerMic III Dictation MicrophoneRecommended for speech recognitionSpecial Price AUD$385.00 Regular Price AUD$389.00
- Philips LFH-3700 SpeechMike Premium - PushRecommended for speech recognitionSpecial Price AUD$359.00 Regular Price AUD$425.00
- Philips LFH-3710 SpeechMike Premium - SlideRecommended for speech recognitionSpecial Price AUD$379.00 Regular Price AUD$445.00
- Philips SMP-4000 SpeechMike Premium Air - PushWireless dictation microphone. Designed for speech recognitionSpecial Price AUD$485.00 Regular Price AUD$515.00
- Philips PSM-6500 SpeechOne Dictation Headset + Remote ControlDesigned specifically for speech recognition. Includes Remote.Special Price AUD$645.00 Regular Price AUD$710.00
- Philips PSM-6300 SpeechOne Wireless Dictation HeadsetDesigned specifically for speech recognitionSpecial Price AUD$549.00 Regular Price AUD$625.00
- Jabra Evolve 65 Mono Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetIncludes Jabra Bluetooth USB DongleAUD$265.00
- Jabra Evolve 65 Stereo Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetIncludes Jabra Bluetooth USB DongleAUD$269.00
- Jabra Evolve 40 Mono USB & 3.5mm HeadsetChoose between USB-A & USB-C ConnectionAUD$139.00