Olympus RM-4015P RecMic Dictation Microphone : Push Button
Professional desktop dictation with advanced noise-cancelling technology
The RM-4015P is uniquely equipped with 8 GB internal memory. The memory can be used like a USB-Stick and allows for instant storage of your most important documents or the user profile of your particular speech recognition software.
- 8GB Internal Memory
- Professional, studio-quality microphone
- Trackball mouse with smart Cursor Motion
- Antimicrobial housing
- Smart microphone stand with stand detection
- HID keyboard modes - for Dragon & Windows Speech Recognition
Experience a new dimension of speech-to-text
The Olympus RecMic II Series is created to cater to the high demands of professionals who want excellent usability and results with any speech-to-text solution. The four models of this new series are providing the benefits of the innovative noise cancellation technology with the intelligent Two-Microphone-System for flexible directionality and noise cancellation. All devices also come with an extra smooth UV-coating and silent buttons to reduce disturbing touch noises. The antimicrobial surface meets hygienic requirements, especially in medical areas.
- Noise-cancelling microphone for accurate & clear audio - even in noisy environments
- Triple-layer pop filter eliminates sounds such as breath & wind vibrations
- Intuitive configuration with third-party applications like Dragon
- Polygiene® technology for effective protection against microbes
Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress non-voice noise eliminating anything outside the human frequency range. In addition, a triple-layer studio-quality filter blocks traditionally problematic sounds including wind breath noise. The RecMic II microphones retain accurate spoken audio without any distortion while suppressing unwanted noise, and make controlling desktop dictation easy.
Trackball with smart Cursor Motion
FASTER CURSOR NAVIGATION & MOUSE CONTROL – The integrated trackball allows control of your mouse cursor while dictating. The smart trackball accelerates the moving speed when needed and can be clicked to trigger the left mouse click.
Closed Loudspeaker Chassis
Thanks to this CLEVER CONSTRUCTION, the speaker generates enough volume with good sound quality even from the smaller opening of the body. This also helps to keep the speaker unit away from dust.
Triple-Layer Sound Studio Pop-Filter
ACCURATE RESULTS WITH SPEECH RECOGNITION – The microphone housing now includes a triple-layered pop-filter. The construction blocks the wind noise of the mouth when talking into the microphones and ensures that as little as possible pop-noises are recorded. Thus, accurate results with speech recognition are achieved. If your typist is doing your transcriptions, she/he will love the pleasant recording quality as well.
EFFECTIVE AGAINST MICROBES – The antimicrobial materials in the surface of the devices effectively protect against microbes. The Polygiene technology behind that is based on the natural ability of silver ions to inhibit the growth of micro-organisms.
Microphone Stand with automatic Stand Detection
SMART MICROPHONE STAND – The dedicated microphone stand allows you hands-free dictation while operating with other instruments. The RecMic II automatically switches to wide directional between hands-free and classic dictation, without the need to alter microphone.
HID Keyboard Mode
FULL COMPATIBILITY – The user can select between three different modes, which are operating in a standard HID-Keyboard mode. Two are pre-defined button settings either for Dragon or Windows Speech Recognition and the third is fully customizable via the Olympus RecMic Configuration Tool (RCT). Organisations that make use of virtual environments also benefit from the HID keyboard mode, because no special drivers need to be installed.
The RecMic II Series // Operating Modes
All the four models in the new RecMic II Series offer you a plug & play experience. No more worries about additional software modules to be installed. No more doubts about compatibility with common speech recognition software. The plug & play experience with common running systems is coming true. Just select one of the following modes most suitable to your needs and environments. You can download the pdf with all the settings.
- Dragon Speech Recognition Mode
- PLUG & PLAY – Just connect the RecMic II with your Dragon Software, there is no need to install any additional software. Once connected, the device is recognizing immediately the Dragon Mode and all buttons are already pre-configured for your usage
- Windows Speech Recognition Mode
- PLUG & PLAY – Just connect the RecMic II with your Windows PC, there is no need to install any additional software. Once connected and your Windows version includes the Windows Speech Recognition Engine, you can use it with a pre-defined button setting.
- Fully customizable Keyboard Shortcuts
- The Custom Mode allows assigning the buttons with individual shortcuts to control a software application via keyboard shortcuts. Organisations that make use of virtual environments also benefit from the HID keyboard mode, because no special drivers need to be installed. Configure all your settings via the RCT (RecMic Configuration Tool) Software.
- ODMS - Professional Dictation Workflow
- The workflow software ODMS is the heart of the Olympus Speech Documentation Solutions. Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) gives you everything you need for your professional dictation workflow, from the dictation to the transcription. Combining reliable data security with a user-friendly interface.
Overall Frequency Response
- 200 - 9,000Hz
- Microphone Sensitivity
Microphone Sensitivity Difference
- Conference: 0dB
- Dictation: -12dB
- Voice Recognition: -18dB
- Variable: -7 to -56.5dB
Power Consumption (Current)
- Standard mode: 282mA or less
- Low power mode: 90mA or less
- Microphone Stand
- Windows: Windows Vista/7/8.1/10
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.5～10.12
RecMic Configuration Tool
- 185g (including cable)