New Dragon Professional desktop software release
Dragon Professional v16
As of 28th February 2023, the long-awaited, new release in Nuance’s speech recognition range of desktop software is finally here.
Whilst Nuance – now a Microsoft company – has been focusing on the development of its powerful, cloud-based speech recognition solutions, such as Dragon Professional Anywhere and the industry-specific version; Dragon Legal Anywhere and Dragon Medical One - they have reaffirmed their commitment to continuing the desktop version of Dragon.
The desktop version of Dragon v16 is particularly useful for clients who require advanced accessibility functions and those who need more sophisticated tools to create voice commands and macros.
Version 16 now offers a more simplified product in the desktop software range. Nuance has now discontinued Dragon Home and Dragon Professional Individual versions. Dragon Professional v16 is now designed to be used by individuals, students and enterprises alike.
What’s new in Dragon Professional v16
- Designed and supported for Windows 11 - plus backwards compatible with Windows 10
- Office 2021 support
- Windows Server 2022 support
- MouseGrid supports multiple monitors (up to 3).
- Nunace PowerMic 4 support. For more information, see the Options dialogue box—PowerMic
- MS Teams Home and Work editions support.
- Improved high-resolution monitor support.
- Corel WordPerfect 2021 support.
- Major bug fixes, security enhancements, general stability and usability improvements
Plus... for Dragon Professional Individual users that are upgrading to Dragon Pro v16 you also benefit from the more advanced administration tools that previously only Dragon Group users had access to, such as;
- Support for Citrix and Remote Desktop environments
- Central license, user and administration management with the optional NMC (Nuance Management Centre)
- Optional Upgrade Assurance for Volume Licensing (Dragon Pro v16 Enterprise version only)
- Support for Windows Server
Working from multiple locations and computers?
Consider the new Dragon Professional Anywhere cloud-based speech recognition solution. Access your Dragon voice profile from any computer - or mobile device.
Dragon Dictate for Mac
Unfortunately, Nuance discontinued Dragon Dictate for Mac in 2018. All Dragon products are now only supported for Microsoft Windows environments only.
Mac users should consider the new voice recognition offering from Philips - SpeechLive + Speech-to-Text. This cloud-based solution is offering Mac devotees both online and background speech-to-text conversion of their dictations - along with a comprehensive dictation workflow. Read more and register for a free trial of the most recommended speech recognition solution compatible with both Mac and Windows environments - SpeechLive. Alternatively, you can read about how you can install Dragon speech recognition
- Dragon Professional v16 Stand-Alone Speech Recognition SoftwareImmediate download : Includes 2x ActivationsAUD$995.00
- Dragon Professional v16 Stand-Alone UPGRADE Speech Recognition SoftwareUpgrade from Dragon Pro Individual v15 to Dragon Pro v16AUD$495.00
- Dragon Professional v16 Enterprise Speech Recognition SoftwareEnterprise version includes unlimited activationsAUD$1,095.00
- Dragon Professional v16 Enterprise UPGRADE Speech Recognition SoftwareEnterprise version includes unlimited activationsAUD$595.00
Dragon Pro v16 Stand-Alone -vs- Dragon Pro v16 Enterprise (VLA)
Both the Dragon Stand-Alone and Enterprise versions are the same software but are licensed slightly differently. If you are not sure which version is best for you give our team a call and we will assist you.
- Dragon Pro v16 Stand-Alone is ideal for users working from a single computer. It includes 2x license activations (one for use, and one for disaster recovery)
- Dragon Pro v16 Stand-Alone Upgrade is available for clients with a valid Dragon Pro Individual v15 license
Get an immediate download when you purchase Dragon Pro v16 Stand-Alone online in Australia from VoiceX!
- Dragon Pro v16 Enterprise (VLA) licenses provide unlimited activations, making it ideal for sites and users that require the software to be installed on multiple computers/laptops. Enterprise sites with multiple licenses not only benefit from our Volume License Discounts but also have the option to add the Nuance Management Centre (NMC) and Software Upgrade Assurance
- Dragon Pro v16 Enterprise (VLA) Upgrade is available for clients with a valid Dragon Professional Group v15 license
Please note that a unique site license is created for Dragon Professional Enterprise. This may take approx 24 to 48 business hours from order.
NB: As with all Dragon products, Dragon Professional v16 licenses are licensed to each individual author (ie: speaker) profile. Dragon Professional v16 is designed for Microsoft Windows environments. Read how you can use Dragon Speech Recognition on a Mac computer voicex.com.au/dragon-for-mac
Working from multiple locations and computers?
Consider the new Dragon Professional Anywhere cloud-based speech recognition solution. Access your Dragon voice profile from any computer - and mobile device.