Philips DPM-8500 Pocket Memo with Barcode Scanner
Integrated barcode scanner = accurate dictation workflow input
Traditional style dictaphone recorder with state of the art 3D Microphone technology to deliver the best in class audio quality. Ideal for traditional dictate / transcribe - or partner with Dragon speech recognition for automatic speech-to-text conversion.
- Easily scan barcodes in accurately input document data & workflow information
- 3D Mic system for best audio quality and accurate speech-recognition results
- Optional use with Philips SpeechExec Pro Dictate V11 desktop software (2 year license)
- Optional integration with SpeechLive Cloud Dictation Solution - no software required!
- Optional integration with Dragon Professional, Dragon Medical & Dragon Legal software for automatic transcription
Partner with your existing compatible dictation software - or choose between the new SpeechExec Pro V11 or SpeechLive Cloud workflow solution.
Professional Dictation. Unlimited ways to convert your speech-to-text.
The new Philips DPM8000 has been designed with the future in mind... Optional with Dragon speech recognition software* allows you to further enhance your document creation productivity. Both the recorder & dictation software provide you with all the tools for use with Dragon Professional, Dragon Legal and Dragon Medical. You can be assured that the microphone in the Philips DPM8000 is the best microphone for speech recognition with the 6 Star Dragon Rating - the highest rating awarded by Nuance.
Efficient document creation
- Workflow management and automation for enhanced productivity
- Worklists for easy work monitoring and tracking
- Encryption and backup functions for highest security
- SpeechLive connection available for even greater mobility
Superior audio quality and design
- 3D Mic system for best audio quality and accurate speech-recognition results
- Built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection
- Ergonomic slide switch for efficient single-handed operation
- Robust stainless steel casing for extra durability
Enhance your productivity
- Large colour display and clear user interface for easy, intuitive operation
- Docking station for fast battery charging and hands-free recording
- Light and motion sensors for extended battery life
Designed for professionals
- File encryption and device PIN lock for high data security
- Integrated barcode scanner for streamlined documentation
- Remote management support for time-saving deployment and maintenance
- Classic mode (mimics the tradition analogue mini / micro cassette tape) for clear and easy-to-use operation
Optional Speech Recognition
- Link Dragon Professional Group, Dragon Medical or Dragon Legal desktop software to your Philips SpeechExec Pro Dictate 10 for speech recognition both in and out of your dictation workflow
Included in the Philips DPM8500 Pocket Memo Voice Recorder Kit is;
- Philips DPM8500 Pocket Memo Voice Recorder with integrated barcode scanner
- Philips ACC8120 Docking Station
- ACC8100 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- SD Memory Card
- 2 Year Replacement Warranty
3D Mic system for best audio quality and accurate speech-recognition results
The breakthrough 3D Mic technology uses the built-in microphones to always deliver best recording results: an omnidirectional microphone offering 360 degree sound pick-up, ideal for the recording of multiple sound sources such as meetings, and a unidirectional microphone optimized for voice recording and accurate speech-recognition results.
Built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection
The built-in motion sensor senses when the device is placed on the desk or held in the hand and selects the microphone accordingly to suit the recording situation. The motion sensor switches automatically into standby mode when the device is idle. Once the Pocket Memo is picked up again, it’s ready to record within seconds.
Ergonomic slide switch for efficient single-handed operation
The quick-response and ergonomic slide switch is designed for singlehanded operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append). It operates with a light sensor signal, making it wear-free and durable.
Robust stainless steel casing for extra durability
The asymmetrical and ergonomic shape fits perfectly into your hand. Its slim and lightweight design maximizes comfort, even when working over longer periods of time. The brushed stainless steel creates a robust and highly durable protective shell around the device. The device is shockproof according to US military standard 516.6.
SpeechExec workflow software for efficient data management
The SpeechExec Pro software organizes the workflow of dictation files and resulting documents between author and transcriptionist, and allows you to monitor the status of your work.
Docking station for fast battery charging and hands-free recording
The stable and superior docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
Light and motion sensors for extended battery life
The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light and motion sensors guarantee extended battery life. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display and switches automatically into stand-by mode when the device is idle, ensuring that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
File encryption and device PIN lock for high data security
Recordings can be encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with a key length of 256 bits. AES provides a very high degree of security and has been approved in the USA for the most highly classified government information. The device itself can be assigned a PIN code to protect against unauthorized use or file playback.
Integrated barcode scanner for streamlined documentation
The integrated barcode scanner enables you to link client or patient data to a recording by simply scanning over a barcode, even from a display.* This ensures reliable assignment of client or patient IDs and speeds up your workflow.
Remote management support for time-saving deployment and maintenance
The Philips SpeechExec Remote Device Manager software allows IT administrators to centrally manage, configure and update dictation hardware from Philips, saving valuable time and resources. Managing device settings for individuals, groups and teams or the whole organization is easily done remotely.
Classic mode for clear and easy-to-use operation
Many users still love their analog devices for their simplicity and userfriendliness. The optional classic mode gives the user the look and feel of working with an analog device while retaining the advantages of digital technology and keep focused on the essentials.
Barcode scanner (DPM8500)
- Compatible bar codes: UPC–A, UPC–E, EAN–8, EAN–13, Code 128, GS1–128, ISBT 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Inverse 1D, GS1 DataBar, Matrix 2 of 5
- Scan engine: CCD-based, single line
- Headphones: 3.5 mm
- Microphone: 3.5 mm
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Docking connector Memory card slot
- Type: color TFT
- Diagonal screen size: 2.4 inches / 6.1 cm
- Resolution: 320 × 240 pixels
Storage media - Exchangeable memory card
- Memory card types: SD/SDHC (DPM8000, DPM8200), micro SD/SDHC (DPM8500), up to 32 GB
- Data transfer speed: 6.75 MB/s read speed, 5.0 MB/s write speed
- Recording format: DSS/DSS Pro (Digital Speech Standard), MP3, PCM
- Built-in microphones: 1 directional microphone, 1 microphone for 360 degree recording
- Recording modes: DSS QP (.ds2/mono), DSS SP (.dss/mono), MP3 (.mp3/stereo), PCM Voice (.wav/mono), PCM Stereo (.wav/stereo)
- Bit rate: 13.7 kbit/s (DSS SP), 28 kbit/s (DSS QP), 192 kbit/s (MP3), 353 kbit/s (PCM Voice), 705 kbit/s (PCM Stereo)
- Edit modes: insert (DSS/DSS Pro), overwrite (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM), append (DSS/DSS Pro, MP3, PCM)
- Recording time (4 GB memory card): 700 hours (SP), 350 hours (QP), 50 hours (MP3), 27 hours (PCM Voice), 13 hours (PCM Stereo)
- Sample rate: 44.1 kHz (MP3), 22.05 kHz (PCM), 16 kHz (DSS QP), 12 kHz (DSS SP)
- Speaker type: built-in round, dynamic speaker
- Speaker diameter: 28 mm
- Acoustic frequency response: 300 – 7500 Hz
- Speaker output power: > 200 mW
- Battery type: Philips rechargeable Li-ion battery ACC8100
- Battery capacity: 1000mAh Battery lifetime: up to 30 hours of recording (DSS Pro mode)
- Standby time: more than 200 days
- Charging time (full charge): 3 hours
- Real time file encryption
- Encryption standard: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES or Rijndael Algorithm) with 256 bits
- Device lock with pin code
- User identification via PIN code
- Number of supported user IDs: 40
- MIL-STD-810G 516.6 certified for shock resistance
Barcode scanner (DPM8500 model)
- Compatible bar codes: UPC–A, UPC–E, EAN–8, EAN–13, Code 128, GS1–128, ISBT 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Inverse 1D, GS1 DataBar, Matrix 2 of 5 Scan engine: CCD-based, single line
- Compliant to 2011/65/EU (RoHS) Lead-free soldered product
- Temperature: -5° – 45° C/23° – 113° F Humidity: 10 % – 90 %, noncondensing
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 53 × 123 × 15 mm / 2.1 × 4.8 × 0.6 inches
- Weight: 117 g/4.1 oz including battery and memory card