Olympus DS-9000 Dictation Recorder
The new Olympus DS-9000 Digital Voice Recorder
Capture your voice with enhanced clarity & simplicity, in any environment
With advanced features including a superior noise-cancelling system, best-in-class file encryption, and supreme structural integrity, the DS-9000 will simplify your workflow and increase dictation management efficiency.
- Professional studio-quality microphone - ideal for speech recognition
- Conference record setting
- 256-bit file encryption
- Includes Olympus ODMS Pro Dictate Software - Release 7
Professional Dictation, Simplified
Top-of-the-range Olympus DS-9000 has been designed for professionals on the go.
- Intelligent Dual Microphone System - For enhanced speech recognition accuracy
- Enhanced Security - 256-AES encryption system + device lock via 4 digit pin code
- Advanced Workflow Integration - Packaged with the next generation of ODMS Dictation Module Release 7 software
- Speech Recognition Ready - Compatible with Dragon Professional & Dragon Legal & microphone designed for speech recognition
- Endless Flexibility - PC & Mac Compatible & upgradeable for support with Citrix, Windows Terminal Services & VMware platforms
- Partner with the new Olympus AS-9000 Professional Transcription Kit for a complete solution
Introducing the new Olympus DS-9000 Professional Dictation System
The Intelligent Dual Microphone System controls the directionality of each microphone to actively monitor and analyse the phase difference while recording and suppressing noise from surroundings, enhancing the recorded voice. This keeps the focus on the person dictating and suppresses ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. This also makes the Olympus DS9000 digital voice recorder an ideal partner for Dragon Professional and Dragon Legal speech recognition systems.
For conference recording, the system controls the directionally of the two microphones into a 90° layout to accurately capture all presenters in conference rooms.
A triple-layer, studio-quality pop filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations, for superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
The Olympus DS-9000’s rugged 1.5 meters shockproof, the alcohol-wipe resistant body is designed to be a strong, dependable workhorse in heavy use environments. A durable optical slide switch reduces the risk of mechanical failure.
Complete with reliable security features like 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec and device pin lock, the DS-9000 provides trusted security to your most sensitive information and meets standards set by governments worldwide for securing data.
Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 (ODMS R7) Software
Included with the Olympus DS-9000 Professional Dictation Recorder is the Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 software (ODMS R7), is the virtual coordinator at the heart of the Olympus Dictation Solution. The ODMS R7 suite has been designed to
provide an intuitive and user-friendly experience capable of handling new efficient workflows in a scalable solution that meets the needs of offices small and large.
The flexible workflow of ODMS R7 allows automation in both on-site and off-site environments including file routing and workflow rules for efficient delivery within your business to predetermined destinations via network server, e-mail or FTP using either Wi-Fi, LAN or a USB connection. Transcribed documents are returned with ease to the original authors.
Full compatibility with Nuance’s Dragon® speech recognition software makes it possible to use background and real-time speech recognition, further decreasing transcription time.
The security features of the DS-9000 have been incorporated into ODMS R7 to ensure only authorized listeners can access shared information. Customisable backup features allow trusted storage of your files and protection against accidental data loss.
Olympus = A complete professional dictation / transcription solution
The Olympus DS-9000 give you everything you need for professional dictation. Partner with the latest professional transcription - the Olympus AS-9000 - and you have a complete end-to-end dictation & transcription solution.
Enhanced Speech Recognition Accuracy by Intelligent Dual Microphone System
The new DS-9000 incorporates low noise omnidirectional microphones and Shock Resistant Mounting which reduces touch noise from your hand. The Triple-Layer Pop-Filter blocks the wind noise when talking into the microphones. Speech recognition accuracy is dependent on the signal-to-noise ratio of the recording, which means achieving clearer voice and lower noise are the two key factors. The Beam Forming function works to suppress noise from surroundings, enhancing the voice. Strong directionality is achieved through the Intelligent Dual Microphone System which actively monitors and analyses the phase difference while recording. Users can choose three different modes, Dictation for Quiet Environment, Dictation for Noisy Environment and Conference Recording mode.
The DS-9000 256-bit AES encryption system protects data from illegal access. This is supported when recording in the DSS pro format. This encryption standard meets high-security standards set by governments worldwide. In addition to securing the data, the DS-9000 device lock feature protects the device from unauthorized access by utilizing a 4 digit PIN code.
Full Workflow Integration
Packaged with next-generation Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) software and compatible with Nuance Dragon speech recognition software, the DS-9000 is designed to become an essential part of any office’s dictation workflow directly out of the box. Support for up to 32 index marks per dictation file makes it easy to locate critical information.
A vast array of functions and accessories, audio codecs and indexing options, as well as support for multiple work types and users, makes the DS-9000 customisable enough to suit any purpose, in any IT environment. The ODMS software is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, or for Mac users, the supplied DSS Player for Mac application is compatible with OS X 10.10-10.13Intuitive Controls
Since the slide switch is the most used part of the device, it is essential to offer a durable and reliable switch in order to support our customers in a professional environment. The optical switch simplifies the structure of the component to reduce the potential risk of defect, yet offering excellent usability at the same time.
Impact & Alcohol Wipe Resistant Body
The body is designed to withstand an external shock to make sure it supports day-to-day work in a professional environment. The device can resist damage from a drop of 1.5m high. In addition, thanks to the alcohol resistance finish, the device can be wiped with alcohol-based cleaners or the like.
- Intelligent dual microphones suppress unwanted background noise
- Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
- Certified up to 1.5-meter shockproof body
- Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
- full-colour TFT LCD with white LED backlight, 36.72mm x 48.96mm / 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels)
- Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
- Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
- Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours of recording time
- DSS / DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Professional Speech Processing
- Author IDs: 10
- Work types: 20
- Priority: High/Normal
- Verbal comments (up to 32 per file), Text editor, Pending, File lock
Advanced Recording Features
- Voice-activated recording (VCVA)
- Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
- Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
- Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
- Level meter, VCVA indicator
- Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
- Hands-free dictation, stand-alone transcription with optional Olympus Footswitch RS-31
- Full-duplex recording with headphones
- Speed: Slow/Normal/Fast
- Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
- Cue / Review
- Applicable as PC microphone
- Controlling PC application ODMS
- Accessibility: Various settings related to user authorization, e.g., prohibiting erasing of files; menu settings
- Splash message: Option to set personalized welcome message during start-up
- Main button guide: Shows current slide switch function on the display
- Alarms: Option to set alarms for particular occasions; beeping noise
- Customizable display content: Option to customize the information shown on the display
- Programmable buttons: 3
- Single user and workgroup installation - Workgroup installation requires ODMS SCP program
- Server installations including license manager and manager tools (optional) vial ODMS SCP.
- Citrix / WTS / Thin client support
- Dimensions: 4.75 in (H) x 1.96 in (W) x .73 in (D) Weight: 4.1 oz (including battery)
- Languages: English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Italian
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows ( 7, 8.1, 10) | Mac OS X (10.10-10.13)
- Recommended operating condition: 0-42°C / 32-107.6°F
- Mini USB 2.0 composite / storage class
- Charging via AC adapter or USB
- Speaker (integrated): Built-in .43 x .59 in square dynamic speaker, 320mW (8Ω speaker)
- Headphone/microphone jacks: Ø3.5mm mini-jack | impedance 2kΩ, Ø3.5mm mini-jack | impedance 8Ω or more
Packaging Content Box
- Warranty card
- Instruction manual
- LI-92B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery,
- A-517 AC Adaptor,
- KP-30 micro USB Cable,
- CS-151 Carrying Case,
- Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) License (Dictation Module)
- LI-92B Li-ion battery
- CR-21 Docking Station
- AS-9000 PC transcription kit with RS31 footswitch
Is Dragon Medical One compatible with Apple Mac?
How many computers can I install Dragon Medical on?
How often do I need to renew Dragon Medical One