Philips DPM-6000 Pocket Memo Recorder
Professional dictation without the bells and whistles
The DPM-6000 is the perfect option for users simply want to dictate and download. Limited in features - not in quality.
Simple dictation without sacrificing quality
The Philips DPM6000 features a robust stainless steel design and quality microphones so you can ensure every word is captured.
Connect to your computer via a standard USB cable - or optional Philips Docking Station - for auto-download and fast charging. Dictations can be sent to your typist via your local area network or email with the included SpeechExec Dictate V11 (standard edition) software - 2-year license.
Travel or work from multiple locations?
Consider adding SpeechLive Cloud solution...
- No software installation required
- Administrator access to centrally edit settings, add and remove users and change author/typist relationships
- Upload, transcribe and access your dictations from any web browser
- PC & Mac compatible
- Fully secure - double real-time encryption
- Back up and restore functionality
- Optional Transcription Service available for when your typists are not available
- Free access to the Philips Smartphone App - dictate and send directly from your phone
- Free & automatic upgrades as they become available
If you are wanting to incorporate speech recognition into your dictation workflow, we recommend considering the Philips DPM8000 recorder.
Two microphones for superior stereo audio recordings
The built-in microphones always deliver superior stereo audio recordings. The crystal clear recordings are perfectly suitable for speech recognition.
Convenient push-button for professional recording control
The recorder is designed for single-handed operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append) via convenient push-button operation.
A robust and asymmetrical shape that fits perfectly in your hand
The asymmetrical and ergonomic shape fits perfectly into your hand. Its slim and lightweight design maximizes comfort, even when working over longer periods of time. The brushed stainless steel creates a robust and highly durable protective shell around the device.
SpeechExec workflow software for efficient data management
The SpeechExec Pro software organizes the workflow of dictation files and resulting documents between author and transcriptionist and allows you to monitor the status of your work.
LCD for sharp Images
Large colour display and clear user interface for easy, intuitive operation
The large full-colour display offers sharp images, making it easier to see everything at first glance. The clear user interface is optimized for easy, intuitive operation.
Power saving measures and Li-on battery for extended use
The high-capacity Li-ion battery can be easily charged through a standard micro USB jack. The integrated light sensor guarantees extended battery life. The smart technology adjusts the brightness of the display, ensuring that your recorder will always be ready to work when you are.
Priority setting for getting urgent jobs processed first
With the included priority-setting option, urgent recordings can be processed first. This makes sure important recordings are not overseen and helps you and your transcriptionists manage your workloads better.
High recording quality in DSS and MP3 format
The DSS format was developed for use in digital voice recorders, allowing a high compression ratio with little loss of quality. The DSS format also allows you to store additional information in the file header, which facilitates the organization and the transcription of dictation files. The MP3 format is the common audio format for consumer audio storage, as well as a de facto standard encoding for the transfer and playback of music on digital audio players.
Classic mode for clear and easy-to-use operation
Many users still love their analogue devices for their simplicity and user-friendliness. The optional classic mode gives the user the look and feel of working with an analogue device while retaining the advantages of digital technology and keep focused on the essentials.
Optional docking station and foot pedal for hands-free dictation and transcription even without a computer
The stable and practical docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recordings to your computer. With the optional foot pedal connected, the docking station even enables hands-free recording and transcription without a computer.
Technical Specifications for Philips DPM6000 Pocket Memo Voice Recorder
- Headphones: 3.5 mm
- Microphone: 3.5 mm
- USB: micro USB 2.0
- Docking connector
- Memory card slot
- Type: color TFT
- Diagonal screen size: 2.4 inches / 6.1 cm
- Resolution: 320 × 240 pixels
- Exchangeable memory card
- Memory card types: SD/SDHC, up to 32 GB
- Mass storage class compliant
- Data transfer speed: 6.75 MB/s read speed, 5.0 MB/s write speed
- Recording format: DSS (Digital Speech Standard), MP3, PCM
- Built-in microphones: 2 omnidirectional microphones for stereo recording
- Recording modes: DSS QP (.ds2/mono), DSS SP (.dss/mono), MP3 (.mp3/stereo), PCM Voice (.wav/mono), PCM Stereo (.wav/stereo)
- Bit rate: 13.7 kbit/s (DSS SP), 28 kbit/s (DSS QP), 192 kbit/s (MP3), 353 kbit/s (PCM Voice), 705 kbit/s (PCM Stereo)
- Edit modes: insert (DSS), overwrite (DSS, MP3, PCM), append (DSS, MP3, PCM)
- Recording time (4 GB memory card): 700 hours (SP), 350 hours (QP), 50 hours (MP3), 27 hours (PCM Voice), 13 hours (PCM Stereo)
- Sample rate: 44.1 kHz (MP3), 22.05 kHz (PCM), 16 kHz (DSS QP), 12 kHz (DSS SP)
- Speaker type: built-in round, dynamic speaker
- Speaker diameter: 28 mm
- Acoustic frequency response: 300 – 7500 Hz
- Speaker output power: > 200 mW
- Battery type: Philips rechargeable Li-ion battery ACC8100
- Battery capacity: 1000mAh
- Battery lifetime: up to 30 hours of recording (DSS mode)
- Standby time: more than 200 days
- Charging time (full charge): 3 hours
- Compliant to 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
- Lead-free soldered product
- Temperature: 5° – 45° C/41° – 113° F
- Humidity: 10 % – 90 %, noncondensing
- Product dimensions (W × D × H): 53 × 123 × 15 mm / 2.1 × 4.8 × 0.6 inches
- Weight: 117 g/4.1 oz including battery and memory card
- Pocket Memo digital voice recorder
- Memory card
- Rechargeable battery
- USB cable
- SpeechExec Dictate V11 workflow software - 2 Year License
- Quick start guide
- Philips rechargeable Li-ion battery ACC8100
- Philips SDHC memory card LFH9004
- Philips telephone pickup microphone LFH9162
- Philips meeting microphone LFH9172
- Philips docking station ACC8120
- Philips foot pedal LFH2210
PC Requirements for included SpeechExec Dictate Software (Basic)
Intel dual-core or equivalent AMD processor, 1 GHz or faster processor
4 GB (64 bit)Hard-disk space:100 MB for SpeechExec software, 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET Framework
Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise (64 bit)
DirectX-compliant graphics card with hardware acceleration recommended
Windows-compatible sound device
Internet Explorer 9 or higher, or the current version of Chrome or Firefox